22 July 2015

Me, You, and Jonah


Oh, what a calling so great
To preach the Gospel to those in lost state
But after I listen then do I flee
For my rebellion I will not submit to thee
But You are the tempest the wind and the wave
And from your pursuit I cannot be saved
But then at last my nature is strong
And I will drown myself before I admit to my wrong
Yet you in your sovereignty my death refuse
And by your grace my life you use
And after three days my will it was broken
To whom you command your word will be spoken
But then to my horror your spirit it moved
And through mercy not wrath you choose to reprove
And the Lord said to me "you are the same,
consider your rebellion and look at your shame.
For you, most wicked of all
I gave you life and you refused my call"
-Written in 2003

2 comments:

  1. I remember when you wrote this. One of my favorite poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. This is cool. Thank you for sharing this. Sometimes I've felt like Jonah. I remember in 2008 I sometimes felt like Job but then other times felt like Jonah.

    The message in this is strong because it flows so well. =Nate

    ReplyDelete